At Triumph Geared Solutions (TGS) we design cutting-edge gear and actuation systems technology for the aerospace industry. TGS is an industry leader in gear, actuation and power transmission system designs. We are currently in need of a seasoned Electronic Integrated Systems Test Engineer to design, program and fabricate automated control and data collection systems for product and development testing. In this role, you will complete test stand integration and validation activities for gear systems and actuators used for flight control and auxiliary systems of commercial and military aircraft.
The candidate will work with the TGS Design Engineering group and TGS customers to develop test systems using contract requirements, statements of work and specifications. Effective oral and written communication is necessary to effectively work as a team player with TGS customers while developing testing requirements and conformance designs. Applicant will work with team of experienced mechanical test engineers incorporating project management disciplines. This includes the planning to schedules and arrangement of the labor and equipment required for the safe testing and evaluation of test units.
Test Engineer job duties:
· Design, assembly, wiring, programming, installation, troubleshooting and documentation of test stand data acquisition and control systems
· Create test cases and detailed test procedures, documentation of the test cases and operation of equipment to execute the test cases for validation
· Document and communicate test case results
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or related field
• Ten plus years of relevant work experience
• Software Development using LabVIEW Graphical Programming Language
• Software development of hydro-mechanical control systems using LabVIEW
• Knowledge of hydro-mechanical control systems and closed loop control tuning
• System design using National Instruments (NI) PXI, Compact Daq and other NI electronic hardware
• Experience with embedded systems integration of test stands
• Aptitude for debugging and troubleshooting system issues
• Capable of taking existing software and software libraries and build similar code using these tools
• Electronic schematic creation and reading
• System installation from layout of components and conduit to ability to wire and label system
• Skilled with soldering techniques
• Knowledge of electronic circuitry and components (Signal conditioners, Relays, Etc.)
• Basic electronic testing using Digital Volt/Ohm Meters, Digital Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, etc.
• Knowledge of safety guidelines related to test stand design and operation
• Leadership skills and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Technical report writing
• Skilled with computers, Windows and Microsoft Office
• Capable to lift 30 Lbs. and climb ladders
• Microsoft Visio knowledge a plus
As an employee with Triumph Geared Solutions, you will be part of a growing engineering team in a dynamic ever-changing atmosphere in the aerospace industry. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.