ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES include the following: other duties may be assigned.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Configure mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Loads machine with work pieces.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample work pieces
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; editing programs; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Meets production goals in terms of cycle time, quantity, and quality.
- Could include forging work, cutoff work, EDM Burning, Manual Lathe work when needed
Accountabilities of All Employees
- Using your best efforts and full capability daily to the work assigned to you by your manager
- Advising your manager if you do not understand the work they have assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Advising your manager of any situations or obstacles that could keep you from accomplishing the work assigned to you.
- Advising your manager of any situations or opportunities that could help you complete or improve the work assigned to you.
- Demonstrating work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including company policies, standards, procedures and any legislative requirements – Core Competencies of SuccessFactors.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized and by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing basic preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; initiating repair work orders.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing required paper etc.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications, etc.
- Participate in required meetings & training
- Able to cross train into other departments as needed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.