- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Quality Engineering
- Must be eligible and approved to work in Canada
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in a custom metal machining environment, within a manufacturing quality team. Coop experience is an asset.
- Strong background and hands on experience in Quality Inspection as well as an Engineering Background.
- A working knowledge of AS9100, and/or ISO 9001 is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Manual System and Procedures.
- Capable of reading and interpreting customer blueprints
- Strong Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) knowledge
- Knowledge of micrometers, bore gages, optical comparators, surface analyzing equipment, calipers, height gages
- Knowledge of various engineering processes, supply chain management and project management
- Demonstrated experience with identifying quality issues and completion of non-conformance reports (NCRs)
- Proven problem solving skills and detail orientated
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office – Word, Excel
- Six sigma, LEAN, and/or Kaizen experience an asset
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning System “ERP” (Syteline familiarity an asset)
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- A confident self-starter with sound decision making skills
- Must be thorough and accurate and maintain attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Effective in data analysis, reporting, problem solving, judgment and decision making
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Champion for change, best practices and continuous improvement methods
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive group benefit plan including medical, dental & life insurance coverage
- Company contributions to retirement savings plan (RSP)
- Training, development & career planning
Candidates can apply directly online or by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf or .docx format by email to TGST-HR@triumphgroup.com quoting the job title "Quality Engineer - Aerospace"
Please be advised that the online application complies with US hiring practices and includes voluntary EEO information collection and a Veteran's survey. Candidates can opt out of any part of the survey.
Triumph Gear Systems – Toronto will make reasonable accommodations of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Triumph Gear Systems – Toronto would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should provide details to Human Resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of Triumph Gear Systems - Toronto. Triumph Gear Systems - Toronto will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.