Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
The purpose of this Operational Excellence role is to provide strategic coordination and leadership through utilizing six sigma methodology and systems.
• Process improvements utilizing man, methods, machines and tooling
• Adapt in Six Sigma tools and measurements – Cp, CpK, etc.
• Adapt in both cellular and sequential manufacturing
• Experience in high-volume manufacturing – automotive, consumer goods, etc.
• Experience in leading Kaizen events
• Experience in Queuing Theory and Theory of Constraints
• Experience in rapid process development and Value Stream Mapping
• Good organizational and computer skills – including simulation software
• Good people skills and team building
• Ability to support Lean Best Practices across the Division
• Good understanding of Engineering Economy
• Understanding of discrete labor estimating, learning curve theories, man-loading, etc.
• Experience in the installation of World Class Manufacturing elements
• B.S. in IE, Production Management, Operations Research preferred and 6 years of related experience • MBA preferred • 5-10 years of experience in manufacturing • Black belt preferred