Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Triumph Gear Systems – Toronto, a division of Triumph Group, is a leading solution provider of complex machined products, serving the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Nuclear and Industrial sectors.
Over the last half century, Triumph Gear Systems – Toronto has expanded and updated our product mix to supply top-tier customers globally in a wide variety of industries. Our operating strategy targets niche markets in need of sophisticated manufacturing capabilities and our long-term relationships with our customers provide the foundation of our success.
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR
This Quality Control Inspector position is an addition to our growing team. The core working period is Monday to Friday and we have two shifts as well as optional Saturday hours. Overtime is paid after 40 hours per week and flexibility to work alternative shifts and weekends is an asset.
The role will include the following responsibilities and experience:
- Grade 12 minimum, prefer post secondary certificate in a related field.
- On the job training certification an asset.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Must have 5+ years direct experience in a manufacturing environment
- A good knowledge of Shop Math
- High level of knowledge of GD&T
- Strong knowledge of a Quality System such as ISO9100 or AS9100
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure
- Mechanical aptitude, with the ability to select tools, read blueprints, specifications, manuals and work procedures.
- Willingness to work overtime hours when required including weekends.
- Competitive compensation and full time hours (Minimum 40 hours per week)
- Comprehensive group benefit plan including medical, dental & life insurance coverage
- Overtime Opportunities (after 40 hours per week)
- Company contributions to retirement savings plan (RSP)
- Training, development & career planning
- Uniform Service
- Airconditioned Manufacturing Plant and Work Areas
Candidates can apply directly online or by sending a covering letter and resume in .pdf or .docx format by email to TGST-HR@triumphgroup.com quoting the job title "Quality Control (QC) Inspector "
Please be advised that the online application complies with US hiring practices and includes voluntary EEO information collection and a Veteran's survey. Candidates can opt out of any part of the survey.
Triumph Gear Systems – Toronto will make reasonable accommodations of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Triumph Gear Systems – Toronto would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should provide details to Human Resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a resume into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Triumph Gear Systems - Toronto. Triumph Gear Systems - Toronto will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.