Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Perform various machine operations such as set up and operations of computer numerical control machines to fabricate metallic material on a variety of parts working to very close tolerances.
Adjusts machine setting to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely fashion. Reads, interprets and follows blueprints, sketches, and product/engineering specifications. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures and certify/test product.
Be able to operate numerically controlled (NC) machinery to perform different types of manufacturing operations.
· Help develop adaptive tooling and processes for work operation set up/positioning. Inputs computerized system program commands and synchronizes parts and assemblies to prescribed position set up.
· Help select appropriate tooling to perform the manufacturing operation.
· Have ablility to suggest changes to feeds and speeds for maximum quality and schedule.
· Establish and maintain required task information for each part. · Use blueprints, production illustrations, engineering and NC programming instructions, other computer systems (e.g., personal computer), templates and jigs.
· May use mathematics involving algebra, geometry, trigonometry, decimals and fractions.
· Must evaluate and communicate safety conditions of machinery, ensure safety and efficiency during operations, and assume immediate manual control to prevent damage to machinery and parts in the event of malfunctions.
· Help document all information pertaining to the setup and operation of each job assigned through sketches, photos, and written descriptions.
High school diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years of related experience. Post high school coursework or professional certification preferred.
· Ability to read a manufacturing drawing and their understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing
· Ability to measure finished components using typical manual inspection tools
· Ability to apply shop mathematical concepts such as trigonometry
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to set-up and operate a 3-5 axis machine without assistance
· Ability to work with CNC Grinding machines
Please note local Southern California candidates will be considered first.