Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, subassemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph participates at all levels of the aerospace supply chain – from single components, to complex systems, to aerospace structures and their contents. We provide solutions for the entire product life cycle of an aircraft – from raw material to aftermarket service. Our unique ability to integrate a broad range of products and capabilities is our competitive advantage.
Responsible for efficiently purchasing outside products and components for manufacturing and business needs within approved specifications and approved suppliers.
- Carryout / execute activities to meet customer satisfaction ( on-time delivery, accurate status, et. Al.)
- Know and execute Quality procedures
- Interface with internal departments on material status and production planning issues.
- Monitor, review and process purchase orders per MRP to support the production schedule.
- Use approved suppliers to meet business demands, select the suppliers based on total cost while meeting the needs of business and obtaining and confirming price comparisons.
- Working with vendors to resolve shipping, delivery and quality issues.
- Represent Purchasing at MRB and coordinate returns to suppliers
- Review and approve ECOs (Engineering Change Orders), overseeing material dispositions
- Perform clerical duties related to the purchasing process including; faxing, scanning and routing of information as required.
- Maintain organized files, vendor records and pricing in the purchasing system to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
- Reconcile purchase variances with Accounts Payable staff and other departments.
- Utilize time-phase requirements to buy component standards with an appropriate safety lead-tie offset.
- Coordinate with outside departments to validate requirements, establish new suppliers and reconcile invoices.
- Education and/or experience consist education or 1-3 years buying and/or planning experience minimum or equivalent combination of both.
- Communication skills required consists of the ability to read and interpret documents such as: (a) safety rules, (b) procedure instructions, (c) operation and maintenance instructions, (d) complex blue-prints, (e) work order documents
- Must have reliable attendance history.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and ISO / AS9100 principles preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge & understanding MRP/ERP systems; Vantage experience a plus.
- Able to sort out and convey critical information on a timely and accurate basis
- Experience in use of MS-Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Familiarity with standard purchasing concepts, practices and procedures is desired.
- Excellent communications skills- both written and verbal to exhibit successful negotiation skills.
- Understanding of the buying process and product lifecycle.